19TH ANNUAL PUG SOCIAL in Rutland, Vermont
When: Saturday, Sept 17, 2022 @ 10 am. (Rain or Shine!)
Where: Rutland Recreation Community Center Athletic Fields, 134 Community Drive, Rutland, VT 05701
- Everyone will register as they enter the Pug Social. You can print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival to shorten your registration time.
PUG SOCIAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Volunteers are a vital part of every successful Social. We welcome your help!
PUG SOCIAL VENDOR APPLICATION
- With so many pugs and people looking for "pug items" we need great vendors! Sign up today as a vendor
To view photos from 2019 Pug Social: CLICK HERE. Photos from 2021 coming soon!
Schedule: (Times are subject to change)
Vendors and Crafters attending: To be announced
- 7:00-9:00 Setup By GMPR Staff & Volunteers
- 9:00 - 10:00 Registration of Attendees & Contest Signups
- 10:00 Welcoming Comments
- 10:15 Best Kisser Contest
- 10:30 Best Wrinkles Contest
- 10:45 Curliest Tail Contest
- 11:00 Best Trick / Talent Contest
- 11:15 Pug-Friendly Cake Eating Contest
- 11:45 - 12:25 Lunch Break or Shopping -
EAT AT THE PUG CAFÉ for Hot dogs, Kielbasa Dogs, Hamburgers, Nachos, Desserts, Drinks The Pug fun will make you hungry!
- 11:45-12:15 – Free Play Time in the Arena (All pugs can run free with each other …)
- 12:30 - 1:00 -Alumni Parade of Rescued Pugs ( all pugs in attendance that have been adopted since we started in 2002).
- COSTUME CATEGORIES:
- 1:15 Best Group Costumes (with or without owners and with or without props)
- 1:30 Funniest Costume
- 1:45 Themed contest (TBD)
- PUG RACES & STROLLS
- 2:00 Wheelie Race (Race for pugs with wheel chairs)
- 2:15 Stroller Stroll (Owners with dog strollers to take a stroll with their pugs around the arena)
- 2:30 - 3:00 Great Pug Races (Group 1: Pugs of all ages; Group 2: Pugs aged 10 years and older)
- 3:00 - SILENT AUCTION CLOSES
- 3:15 - 4:00 Crap Raffle Drawing, 50/50 Winner Drawing , Oldest Pug Announcement, Furthest Traveled Pug Announcement. Dog Bag Raffle Auction winners announced and closing statement by GMPR Staff.
Saturday Evening Dinner:
The Saturday Night Dinner will be located at the Vermont Inn in Mendon, Vermont following the pug social. The fee for the dinner is $10 per person. If you would like to sign up to attend the dinner, please contact GMPR Board Member, Amy Frye via email or Facebook.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO VERIFY YOUR RESERVATION WITH YOUR HOTEL PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. DUE TO OTHER EVENTS GOING ON IN THE AREA, BOOK YOUR RESERVATION NOW TO SECURE YOUR HOTEL ROOM!
The Vermont Inn; 800-541-7795 (8.1 miles from event)
The Vermont Inn, located at 78 Cream Hill Road, Mendon, VT is a family and Pug friendly Bed and Breakfast. Kayla has set aside all of their 16 rooms for the GMPR Social at a discounted rate. (Please note: the discounted rate this year is their standard rate due to the Spartan Race being the same weekend, prices are usually increased but they kept the same rates for us).
The following area hotels are also "pug friendly"
The Butternut Inn 802-422-5660 (14 miles from event)
Holding the no pet fee, reduced $99 per night
Inn at Long Trail 802-325-2540 (11.2 miles from event)
Standard room rates – no discount. $120-$160 per night
$10 per night pet fee, limited to 1 pet, pets allowed in fireplace suites only
Standard room $120 per night, $20 for each addt’l person
Fireplace suites $160 per night Fri-Sat, $20 for each addt’l person, 2 night minimum. Shorter stay may be avail, call for details
Check in 3 pm, check out 11 am.
Val Roc 802-422-3881 (18.6 miles from event)
Econo Lodge 866-539-8430 (2.4 miles from event)
No Pets Allowed
Currently sold out but you can call as the date approaches to see if availability has opened up.
Hillside Inn 802-315-0039 (Killington Access Road. 13.3 miles from event)
$20 per pet, limit of 2 pets
discount of 5% offered for Thurs & Sunday only (Spartan Race)
King $150 Fri & Sat
Queen Double $150 per night Fri & Sat
Check in 3 pm, check out 11 am
Clear River Inn & Tavern (802)746-7916 (19.3 miles from event)
Standard Double $105 per night
Standard King $115 per night
Double Deluxe $110 per night – limited rooms available, book early
Deluxe King $120 per night – limited rooms available, book early
$20 per night, per pet fee. Includes water and food bowls, waste bags, welcome treat and ample area for outdoor walking
Pet friendly in rooms and at onsite tavern and grill
Check in 4 pm, check out 11 am
Days Inn Rutland by Wyndham - 802-282-4985 (2.9 miles from event)
Special discount for Pug Social attendees, $89 per night. Be sure to mention you are attending the social to get the discount. The Inn will also be setting aside a number of rooms for social attendees. Grab N Go bags available for breakfast.
Travel Inn Rutland - 802-775-4348 (2.8 miles from event)
Have to book through a partner site, no website, or call
Starting at $90 per night
No pets allowed
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland - 802-773-3200 (4.7 miles from event)
Starting at $176 per night
Standard discounts offered for vets, AARP, AAA
No pets allowed
Check in 3 pm, check out 11 am
Rodeway Inn Rutland - 855-516-1090 (2.6 miles from event)
Starting at $229 per night
Pets allowed, call for pet fee
"pug friendly" but may charge an additional pet fee. You can also go to Bringfido.com to look up other pet-friendly hotels in the area.